Tuesday, January 27, 2009

TWD Fresh Ginger and Chocolate Gingerbread ‘volcanoes’ and the John Legend concert.

twdgingerchocolate1

It’s time for another TWD dessert, but firstJohn Legend charmed the pants off of me at the Verizon Theatre on Saturday night!  He is a young R&B/Soul artist with an angelic face and a distinctive voice, warm one minute, and raw the next.  Romantic, sexy and very elegant (no excessive Bling!), he is a refreshing contrast to the other new young artists (Kanye West could use a lesson on humility and grace from him).  

Well-spoken and highly communicative, Legend knocked all sense out of a giddy Aggie sophomore sitting next to me and the rest of the well-dressed audience (swagga sistuh!).  Legend’s official site allowed me to link directly to his videos (the coolest for computer challenged moi!)  Listen here:  http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1885429856/bclid8711344001/bctid458993325

twdgingerchocolate2

And here: http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1885429856/bclid8711344001/bctid1364233662

This week’s recipe from Dorie Greenspan’s book, Baking, From My Home To Yours, was chosen by Heather of Sherry Trifle.  The recipe was pretty straight forward and gained respect from me from the outset because one of the ingredients is my favorite - buttermilk (think moist, moist, moist).  I omitted the stem ginger and coffee and decided to make individual portions (for easier distribution to the neighbors!).  I finished each with a drizzle of chocolate sauce, a dollop of whipped cream and a chunk of crystallized ginger.  All lined up, they reminded me of erupting volcanoes!  I had the cutest, sweetest and most elegant model of the Pacific Rim of Fire on my kitchen counter!   Thanks Heather!

twdgingerchocolate3

Prijatno!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful~those cakes are so lovely and I'm sure those you shared with enjoyed them! Sounds like you had a great time at the concert. I love John Legend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gingerbread volcanoes. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just loved your GB volcanoes. I am so happy you are in TWD and my neighbor! Could life be any better. You did a wonderful job as always, DSN. I can hardly wait for next week's World Peace Cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the volcano shapes! Your cakes look great good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO WAY! That is so awesome!!! How did you DO that?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The volcanoes are so cute! I think that John Legend might be the only thing better than dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the volcanoes. How creative you are. And they look really, really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dragana,
    I love your food, the presentation and the pictures. Very nice, creative, elegant, tasty.
    I must follow you if you don't mind!
    Nina

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Prijatno! Your comments are important to me. Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note!